ASK is encouraging technical support issues to be done remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are limiting non-critical business travel and limiting our onsite support to situations that cannot be solved remotely. ASK is unable to dispatch technicians and staff members to personal homes. If a device needs to be physically worked on, your staff is more than welcome to bring their device to ASK’s office.
There are a few different ways your staff can utilize remote access while working outside the office.
- If using a personal/non-company issued computer, we recommend remoting in using LogMeIn.
- If using a company-issued computer, we recommend using a VPN.
- If your company uses a Remote Desktop environment, then we recommend staff remote in that way.
- Keep in mind that database applications will likely run slower if using a VPN – therefore we recommend accessing the database applications through LogMeIn or by Remote Desktop.
- Now is the time to talk with your ASK Client Technology Manager about Detect and Respond security protection for your devices as you consider expanding your mobile workforce.
Technical Support Coverage Reminder:
As a reminder, the following technical support is included based on your Total Care or Proactive Care agreements. If you have any questions regarding your company’s technical support coverage for a mobile workforce or the collaboration and security tools you have available, please contact your ASK Client Technology Manager.